Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New Students, New Semester

Well, the new students arrived last Monday, and everything is beginning again. It’s a lot different this time around, because rather than being in session all day, I only have one class in the afternoon and I’m studying or doing something else during my time.

God is taking me into a season of focusing on His Word. He is guiding me and daily teaching me new things I had never expected to learn before. The key to Biblical study is indeed hard work, but it is a joyful labor, as the farmer who sows seed and delights in his harvest.

All the new students are incredible to me. Many of them are starting this semester very strong, but no matter spiritual maturity, they are all focused on one thing: Jesus Christ, and His glory. I am especially amazed by the men (I say men, despite young ages, for they truly are becoming men). They are already interceding and praying for all the girls on the campus, something the summer students didn’t start until later. God is pouring out His Spirit and moving mightily in our midst.

One thing I’ve been doing for a class is an intense study of one book of the Bible. This past week, my group did the book of James. When you sit down with one book and read it multiple times a day, God reveals wonderful things to you. I’ve never done something like that before, yet many famous Christians have done very intense studies, Charles Spurgeon, for example. These type of men don’t just pop out of nowhere; they are groomed by the Word and Spirit of God.

Currently, I am engaged in serious warfare. Not that we live in a land of peace, mind you, but God has commissioned us with a specific battle to fight. The orphan choir from Haiti is trying to come over to America, but the strongholds of the enemy are quite strong (that happens when your national religion is voodoo) and the government is quite unyielding. However, we press on in prayer, knowing that whatever God begins, He finishes. If you want to find out more, visit www.hislittlefeet.org

Indeed, the Lord is wonderful. Though hardship comes, we endure by the grace of God. I look forward with great expectancy to the rest of the year.

Many blessings
Your fellow sojourner upon this earth,
Nik

2 comments:

  1. Nik, I would love to hear some of the many things you're learning from your intense study of the book of James. I've been studying it more and more and would love to hear what has stuck out a lot to you.

    Prayers are being sent for the orphan choir.
    God Bless! <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, there is not enough room to truly say it all.

    However, one thing that God really showed me was in James 1:21 -

    "...and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls"

    Christ is the Word, and we are to receive, by humbling ourselves (not being humbled, or humiliated, but an action we take) and with meekness, receive the engrafted word, or Christ in us, the hope of glory. Paris Reidhead once said, "Christ didn't die to just get you into heaven, He died to get Him out of heaven into you." (It may not have been him). Nonetheless, the only way to truly live out this Christian life, and be doers of the word, not just hearers, is to die completely to ourselves (Romans 6) and let Christ reign in us.

    That's some of it, but there is a lot more. :)
    God bless!
    Nik

    ReplyDelete