Saturday, April 2, 2011

Made Pure

Well, it has been some time since I have done anything. I'll work on something more formal later, whether it is a thought or an update into my life. In the mean time, enjoy this poem by Amy Carmichael!

Searcher of spirits,
Try Thou my reins and heart;
Cleanse Thou my inward part –
Turn, overturn, and turn.
Wood, hay, stubble see
Spread out before Thee;
Burn, burn.

Worker in gardens,
Dig round my hidden root,
Let branch, leaf, bud and fruit
Respond in quickened life.
Seek out the canker there –
Cut out and do not spare
Thy knife.

Savior of sinners,
Out of the depths I cry,
“Perfect me or I die –
Perfect me, Patient One”;
In Thy revealing light,
I stand confessed – outright,
Undone.

O to be holy!
Thou wilt not say me nay
Who movest me to pray:
“Enable to endure.”
Spiritual cleansing Fire,
Fulfill my heart’s desire:
Make pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment