Friday, December 10, 2010

Addendum

I wanted to add a little bit to the entry "Consuming Fire".

There is another part that is important to realize in trials and tribulations. Defeat is rampant in the church today, and we tend to simply accept everything thrown at us as if it is from God.

We do need to realize that we have an enemy. Don't confuse God's ways for the enemy's. The devil simply wants to kill, steal, and destroy, whereas God always brings life. If a trial in your life pushes you towards anxiety, fear, doubt in God, or any such thing, it is likely from the enemy. God does not want you to doubt Him. There are some things to resist and some things to accept.

No matter what, don't accept falling to temptation to sin or disobey God as a trial that strengthens faith. Anxiety, doubt, and fear have no place in the Christian's life.

I'm sorry if that entry was taken the wrong way. Pain can be a touchy subject, and I know what I said could be confusing.

In all things seek out God, and He will answer you!

On a happier note... Merry Christmas! I'll be back in Athens on the 18th. In a time in which the rest of America is engaging in selfish hedonism, be as Christ was: outward. Don't use Christmas as an excuse to coddle your flesh in any way. I know I'm excited about this year because I feel like I've never done Christmas "Right". It has always been about me and my agenda. What a blessing to be all about Jesus now! Jesus ever, Jesus always!

In Him,
Nik

2 comments:

  1. That's really good Nik! This post is reminds m of Eric Ludy's sermon "Does God still heal?". I totally agree with you! We need to resist the devil and his evil ways. But, we need not just have a mind set that everything that happens is because that's what God has done to us. We need to accept Gods will. But, not use "Gods Will" as something to blame or question why God would do such things. We need to submit to His will, and let Him lead us. If we question...we need to take it to prayer.

    YES! Amen about CHRISTmas! It's only about Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's it. In all things, turn to Jesus as the first answer.

    Amen and Amen.

    Thanks for commenting, Kayla!

    ReplyDelete