Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Eve of Departure

Weightiness. Excitement. Fear.
All this is boiling inside me, causing me to feel weak and small inside. And yet, I know the Lord goes with me, and in His words, "Do not be afraid. Have I not commanded you to be strong and courageous?" And again, "Do not be afraid of them. For the Lord your God will go ahead of you. He will neither forsake you nor fail you."
Words I need... Man. I don't know what to say. It's like I'm taking the first step outside of a curtained world, and it is beautiful, but frightful. The future pierces me, like the light after stepping out of the movie theater.
Ah, for long winded analogies and metaphors.
I'll try to keep this as updated as I can but... I am prone to forget I even "possess" this site. So, I'm apologizing in advance.
May God bless you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nik! I am so excited for the adventure that you have ahead of you. When you are in His will, He provides the strength for you to do all that He has called you to. Even leaving what you know. I have found that He has given me so much grace every time I move. I can't wait to hear about all the amazing things you are doing! Grace and Peace to you! Alyssa

    ReplyDelete